02.01.2011

Top 10 of 2010

Since everyone seems obsessed with year-end lists, I might as well do my own list of favourite songs from 2010. Hear the full list on Spotify.



Technically a 2009-song, but I discovered it in 2010 when it became a hit in Sweden. This was the most played song on my iTunes this year. A perfect pop package with a dash of retro soul. I didn’t think they made music like this any more! With her 2nd album coming up, 2011 should be Melanie Fiona’s year.

This song, from Private’s 2007 debut album of the same name, was re-edited for its 2010 UK release, and for once the remixed result turned out even better than the original. Who knew danes did groove?

2010 was without a doubt Robyn’s year, and this is in my humble opinion her best single release to date. Sparkling, uplifting pop doesn’t get much better than this.

“I never was smart with love, I let the bad ones in and the good ones go. But I'm gonna love you like I've never been hurt before. I'm gonna love you like I'm indestructible”

A song that when the chorus finally kicks in just makes me want to dance. Every time. The album Night Work had the most memorable album cover of the year.

The only ballad in my list. It is a subtle, restrained effort no one would have guessed came right out of the spectacle that is Melodifestivalen. The best MF-song in years. 

With this one I feel some resemblance to Sam Sparro’s Black & Gold. Not just music-wise, but also in the fact that none of them achieved the stardom they really deserved.
The moral winner of Melodi Grand Prix 2010. Despite having one of the biggest radio hits in Norway this year, his debut album surprisingly flopped. The other singles +  Iron Love is also worth checking out.

Choreography of the year. Endless hours of fun doing the funky chicken. Bow and arrow, bow and arrow! In retrospect this is probably what Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo will be remembered for.

Christmas IS merrier with Mariah. Just as All I want For Christmas Is You this new song also flirts with some 50’s / 60’s sound and boosts enough glitter and cheers to make yet another joyful december. The world needs more up tempo christmas songs.

A partly norwegian band with one of the most energetic traks of 2010. Another band to look out for in the year to come.




















2 kommentarer:

  1. Vel du vet hva jeg synes om Oh Santa .. ;P Men jeg eeeeeelsker Robyn og digger Glow =) Når skal vi forresten se Glitter igjen? ;)

    SvarSlett
  2. :p

    Vi kan heller høre filmmusikken! ;) Den groover! Tilbake til 80-tallet før verden var helt klar for det.

    SvarSlett